Andrew and I may not need coffee any longer, but we still love the smell of fresh coffee beans and of coffee brewing. Since it seems silly to randomly brew a pot of coffee just to enjoy the scent wafting through the house, we needed to come up with another option to give us the same results…
Coffee beans give off a delicious, fresh brewed scent when they are warmed, and since we needed a fun project for our new DIY candle, we decided to try placing our new candle in a hurricane filled with coffee beans – what’s the worst that could happen, right??
- 1. Candle (you can use a new candle or gather up your partially used candles and make your own candle!)
- 2. Hurricane or other large vase
- 3. 2 bags of whole coffee beans (original or flavored, which give off a great scent! We love Eight O’clock Coffee)
- Place candle into vase. Our vase was a bit too deep for our candle, so we placed an empty candle upside down in the vase and placed our candle on top of that.
- Holding your candle in place, slowly add coffee beans around your candle. Once you near the top of the candle, place your hand or piece of paper over the opening to avoid getting any coffee beans in the candle.
- Light your candle and enjoy the scent of freshly brewed coffee any time!
You can place your candle on the stove while you are using it (or on the warming zone) and it will release a lighter scent without having to burn the candle.